Getting your family in the act of organizing can greatly cut down on stress levels. Here are some ways your kids can help you.
HOUSEHOLD JOBS A 5-YEAR-OLD CAN DO
1. Make her own bed every day. It may be a little sloppy at first, but it’ll improve with time!
2. Put clothes back in the closet or proper dresser drawer!
3.Put toys back in the toy chest!
5. Feed the dog, cat or goldfish (if she is reminded)!
6. Set the table!
7. Clear the table..ONE thing at a time!
SOME HOUSEHOLD JOBS A TEENAGER CAN DO
2.Carry out trash cans.
3.Vacuum rugs and floors.
4.Clean and sweep the kitchen floor.
5.Iron his own clothes and the family napkins and tablecloths. (using real cloth takes a little more effort but is nicer than a paper napkin in this rushed world we live in today as well as an environmental saver!
6. Polish silver, brass and copper!
7.Carry in wood and lay fires!
8.Vacuum the inside of the car!
9.Wash the car.
10.Check kitchen cabinets for household staples and list them (paper goods, sugar,flour etc) – good practice for life after Mom and Dad’s house!