5 TIPS TO HELP YOU GET A HANDLE ON RECYCLING & REUSING:
1. Find out what is recyclable or compostable in your city via website or phone.
2. Put a list on the refrigerator, wall or inside cabinet door of what can and cannot be recycled. Also list which items need to be disposed of properly such as paints, batteries, motor oil, etc.
3. Purchase sturdy stand up recycle bags (found at The Organized Lifestyle
Store) to store these items before drop off or pick up. Have one bag for each category that can be recycled together. Place these bags in an out of the way place.
4. Reuse plastic baggies by washing them out with hot soapy water and drying on a wooden drying rack especially designed for this purpose.
5. Cut down on the amount of garbage you generate. Buy in bulk rather than individually wrapped items.